Re: Have 10g and 11g on the same server

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oliver Atom <ofabelo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:12:04 +0200

Hi Oliver,

Not an advise, just an info from my current env:
I have 1 os-user ("oracle"), 1 oraInventory, 2 ORACLE_HOMEs
(/.../.../rdbms_10205, /.../.../rdbms_11204), listener in version 11.2 - it
works fine.
(in fact it's a 2 node cluster with GRID in Version 11.2 as well, but this
does not affect your question)

Just make sure the OS supports both versions (e.g. Oracle 10 is not
certified with RedHat6)

hth
 Martin