Re: Hard parse timing

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 21:30:19 -0400

On 04/26/2015 02:40 PM, Hameed, Amir wrote:

Thank Mladen.

For sharing the cursor, I need find out how often these statements are executed to get a sense of how long they would stay in the shared pool. If they are accessed frequently then chances are that with adequately sized shared pool, they would stay in the cache long enough to not impact the user response time. But, if they are not executed that frequently then they might age out of the shared pool frequently and require hard parsing.

Yes, that is true. It all depends on what is the statement used for. I am afraid that I cannot be of further assistance here.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA