Re: HELP URGENT CORRUPTED DATA

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:27:33 -0400

Paula,

Are you getting corrupt index/data errors?  We had a similar situation
and discovered that many of our corruption errors were caused by
corrupt indexes.  The indexes can be dropped and recreated to resolve
this issue.

In some causes we had corrupt data; for those items I recreated as
much info as I could from an index and found the rest of the data in a
backup copy.

The verify process gave us some inconclusive results; some of the
objects passed the verify yet reported block corruption which had to
be repaired block by block.

hth ... Robyn

On 5/19/06, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Guys,

We recovered a database, did a dbverify - everything looked good, exports
are working fine.  However, we recovered to an earlier point (few hours
earlier) and on the "earlier"  database we have no errors in a specific
function of the application in the "later" one we have errors.  We have been
beating our hands against the brick wall doing comparisons of the data - the
comparisons - table by table, column by column look okay.  We have been
working on this issue round-the-clock for days.

Questions:

A-Can an index be somehow causing this problem and can we use validate
structure or something to be sure of the validity of the index? - analyze
table validate structure...cascade...

B-Can there be missing characters (characters we cannot visually see)
causing the problem and can a "MINUS" find it if there is? :)

Thanks,

Paula

________________________________ New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.