Re: Guidelines for avoid Bind Variable Peeking behavior

  • From: Roberto Veiga <roberto_veiga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:18:59 -0700 (PDT)

We are using Oracle 10 R2.
We did a test without histogram in a QA environment and we found a lot of
performance problems in many processes. We had to fallback the change
rapidly. I suppose that many statatements that use histogram to perform better
start to use a worse plan.

The idea in identifying the Hash Join is because in a recent situation the plan
was changed from Hash Join to Nested Loop and the performance falls down. There
is nothing wrong with Hash Join! My idea is to use Hash Join and freeze this
plan.

Thanks a lot.

Veiga