Re: Grid alerts

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mati.vapper@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:25:32 +0100

At the risk of being another person recommending an upgrade.....

The 'correct' solution for this is to create a monitoring template for your
database instance targets, that doesn't include those metrics. Then you can
apply the same metric to multiple targets of the same type across your
enterprise. Unfortunately before 10.2.0.5 Oracle's definition of a
'template' is different to every other use of the word under the sun. In
previous versions if you apply a template to a target then metrics that are
set in the template are updated, but metrics that are unset in the template
are not changed at all on the target, Starting with 10.2.0.5 when you apply
a monitoring template to a target you actually can get that monitoring
template in effect on the target. In prior versions you'd have to define all
metrics, some with mad values, or else remove unwanted metrics from each
target before you applied the template.

so I'd say go with 10.2.0.5 and use the template functionality. There are
other nice things in 10.2.0.5 that make it a good upgrade as well by the
way.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield