Gotcha's on upgrade from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2 on Sun Sparc 64

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:44:54 -0500

Has anyone done an upgrade from 11.2.0.1 Grid Infrastructure to 11.2.0.2 on
Sun-Sparc 64, 2 node RAC?

If so, what issues did you run into?  I found out about the change from IPMP
to HAIP just by doing an 11.2.0.2 original install, but I will need to do an
upgrade shortly, and I would like to know what problems people ran into.  I
also plan to move the OCR and Voting Disk from RAW to ASM in this process,
any insights on that would be appreciated also.  No I did not do an 11.2.0.1
install on RAW, that was my predecessor, I just have to fix it.

--
Andrew W. Kerber