GoldenGate extract error

  • From: "Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB" <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 14:57:05 -0400

Oracle 11g
HPUX

Anyone using GoldenGate?

I am getting the following error for my Extract process:

2010-05-27 14:48:14  GGS ERROR       500  Oracle GoldenGate Capture for
Oracle, ext1.prm:  Could not find archived log for sequence 2317 thread 1
under default destinations SQL <SELECT  name    FROM gv$archived_log   WHERE
sequence# = :ora_seq_no AND         thread# = :ora_thread AND
resetlogs_id = :ora_resetlog_id AND         archived = 'YES' AND
deleted = 'N>, error retrieving redo file name for sequence 2317, archived =
1, use_alternate = 0Not able to establish initial position for begin time
2010-05-27 10:41:17.

The database is in ASM and the archive file does exist.  Does anyone know
why the Extract process cannot see the archived log?

Tom