Get data after redologs corruption

  • From: giantpanda@xxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:19:54 +0100

Hi,

please note:
This is a recovery test problem, not a current production situation.
(Not invented, though. I heard of somebody who actually had it
in production. Don't know what they did about it.)

A virus scanner ran over the database causing it to crash (shutdown abort) and
shredded all the redologs. And all recent backups. The datafiles seem to be
intact. As the database was idling, they probably contain all the data, but
are, of course, not in a consistent state.

Problem: How to get the data.

I was able to open the database with
_allow_resetlogs_corruption = TRUE in init.ora and
recover database until cancel;
cancel immediately
alter database open resetlogs;

It crashes again when trying to do any work. After repeated attempts
I could (once) get an export of the test schema for a fresh database,
but this was not reliable. With a larger amount of data I guess the
export won't work at all.

Is there a better way to recover from this situation?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
Ingrid Voigt
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free