Re: Generic Connectivity

  • From: <jtesta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:09:26 -0400 (EDT)

Once you get to a third third party, then you'll have a whole party or a
whole database.  :)

joe

original message below

 On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:54:11 -0400, Powell, Mark D <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

 Niall, SQL Server comes with the ability to read and write to Oracle
 tables practically out of the box.  All you need is an Oracle client
 installed on the SQL Server box.  Any changes you make to the source
 of the data that needs to be transferred to Oracle is probably going
 to require a change to the process that transfers the data.  It would
 probably get easiest to make these changes at the source.
 Thanks, the concern we have isn't the capability of linked servers/DTS -
 I think they are fantastic - it is one third party wanting to
 install their executable code on a second third party's database.

 hmmm second third party that didn't come out right.

 --
 Niall Litchfield
 Oracle DBA