Fwd: How to shutdown 9i?

  • From: Chris Hoover <revoohc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:21:46 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Hoover <revoohc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jun 13, 2005 4:08 PM
Subject: How to shutdown 9i?
To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are having a very strange problem.  Our AIX server is having issues
and is not allowing shell access from the terminal or from the
network.

The decision has been made to reboot this server tonight.  However, it
is our Oracle 9i db server.  Is there anyway to get Oracle to shutdown
w/o being able to log onto the box?  We can connect to the db fine
with our application and sql plus, we just can't get a shell on the
box.  We do not have an Enterprise manager server since we only run
this on copy of Oracle.

thanks for any advice.

Chris