Re: Function Based Index

  • From: Purav Chovatia <puravc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:28:24 +0530

Dumb of me to not know that "compute statistics" was redundant in 10g -
Thanks Jonathan.
Since, in absence of statistics on the column, the optimizer (atleast in my
case) chose the optimal plan. Hence, I think, not allowing Oracle to gather
col stats for this table during the nightly window could be a second
workaround (may be by locking the stats). The first  workaround being an
index hint.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx