Full database export as user ' / as sysdba'

  • From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:26:11 -0400

OS: WINDOWS 2000, HP-UX 11.11
Oracle Version : 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5

Is there any issues while exporting full database as user ' / as sysdba'?

We have to do it because of implemention of row level security as in
this case as system it generates errors for all those tables where RLS
implemented and not able to export those rowson .

In certain  Oracle Notes for full exports (except for transportable
tablespaces) and even in Datapump export doc for 10g it is suggested
not to export as ' sysdba' for full database.

I personally exported and imported full database export dump as sysdba
without any issues.

Any input or experience?

Regards
Rafiq