Re: Filewatcher frustration

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:40:45 +0000

OK so two exclamation marks probably wasn't enough to convey my
sarcasm/irony. I do agree with Robert's remarks below, which somewhat echo
Oracle's arguments when they were explaining why they broke shell scripts
that had been working for many years. I realize that there are some old
parts of the suite that may not yet follow the new standard (IIRC opmn
doesn't for example and neither I think does warehouse builder) but I don't
see any reason at all why a *new* facility shouldn't have its logging and
tracing infrastructure mandated as part of the design. (actually I think
retrofitting the old components and enhancing adrci for them would be a good
plan as well, but probably not one that sores highly on the marketing bumf).

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA