RE: File open wait - the end

  • From: Luis Fernando Cerri <lcerri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:49:42 -0300

First of all, I'd like to thank you all who contributed with this thread.

After some tests, last Monday I found the problem: there was a bug in the
stored procedure that was leading to a endless loop.

The most important things I have learned:
- the difference between -2, 0 e >0 in v$session_wait.wait_time for online
monitoring;
- probably you are not hitting a bug;
- don't trust developers when they say they have debugged the code and it's
still freezing without explanation. Debug it yourself.

Best regards,
Luis