Favorite tool

  • From: "Storey, Robert (DCSO)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:25:17 +0000

Probably been asked a few times, so I'll throw it out there again.
Its Monday morning and our support team tells you that the database seems to go
up and down several times during a 30 minute period on Saturday night.  Users
were complaining of using the application and getting the dreaded spinning hour
glass.  But, a check of the alert.log and other Windows logs shows no errors,
no trace files, and no downtime on the database.

What's your preferred tool for after-the-fact diagnosis of the issue?  This is
on a 9i system but I don't have it hooked into grid or cloud control.

Foglight from Toad?  AWR reports (assuming you were in Grid or Cloud)?  Other
good tool?