FW: Manual UPgrade question

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: "RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <'RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:06:48 +0800

There's a 32MB file of a presentation "Upgrade and Migrate to Oracle
Database 11g" by "Roy Swonger & Mike Dietrich".

Search for it on oracle's site (or a google search).

Also remember that behaviour of Group By changes (results are NOT
ordered as you might have expected / seen them in 9i - so an ORDER BY is
necessary if you expected sorted results),  many optimizer changes as
well.  Changes to dbms_stats are also significant.

Hemant K Chitale