Re: [External] : Re: Connecting to SQL Server from Oracle

  • From: Niklas Iveslatt <niklas.iveslatt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arun.chugh1610@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 08:40:45 +0100

The database gateway for ODBC does not require a separate license - you have to install it on a separate server than the oracle  DB I recall (just read the license guide) so you can put it on a the sql server db server for example or it’s own - it may not be the most performant option but if you pick the right driver and tune some parameters it might work for you!

On Dec 20, 2022, at 5:48 AM, Arun Chugh <arun.chugh1610@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Use copy command to pull the data from SQL server into flat / CSV file and then later load into Oracle db, see if this fulfil your requirement.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2022, 19:15 Jeff Smith <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Give SQL Server some REST APIs to hit instead (powered by ORDS, of course)