Explain Plans

  • From: "Ben Sauer" <SauerBL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:39:33 -0600

I have an insert statement that's migrating data, e.g.,

insert into table1 (value1, value2) select (select sequence from table2 where
table2.col2 = table3.col2), table3.col3 from table3@remote_db where conditions.

Now I can tune the conditions in such a way to make the explain plan for the
insert statement reasonable.  But since the nested query runs so inefficiently
as to kill all chance of my insert finishing in my lifetime.  Is there a way to
get the explain plan for the entire correlated query?  Surely Oracle takes
advantage of potential advantages of parallelizing correlated queries.

Thanks,
Ben.

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.