Re: Execution time in SHARED SERVER vs. DEDICATED SERVER (RAC 10gR2)

  • From: "Rajeev Prabhakar" <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:18:21 -0400

Hello Martin,

Have you confirmed the timings of shared vs. dedicated connection thru
sqlplus session (not through application server OR webserver). Does
sqlplus query execution timings still shows 1:30 minute and 1 hr
respectively ?

I understand that tracing could be done, however, before you embark
upon that exercise, a basic test via sqlplus would surely rule out middle
tier (application server/web server) being the contributing factor.

-Rajeev