RE: Efficient way to detect lock contention/blocking sessions

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jayaraj.rengarajan@xxxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:48:07 -0700

Jay,

My apologies this answer is late - I was catching up with a lot of
backlog. The easiest method is to summarize V$SESSION_WAIT by eventa nd
look for 'enqueue' therein (other interesting events as well are
available). I wrote this up as an article titled "Low Overhead Database
Monitoring Using Session Waits" that you find on my website at
"http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila/links.htm";.

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Co-Author: Oracle Database 10g Insider Solutions