RE: EXT :Re: rman duplicate wants a standby control file

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant Krishnarao" <Hemant.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 09:46:08 +0800

I would say that you need a separate controlfile backup -- a controlfile
autobackup.
Since yours is a NOCATALOG backup, Oracle cannot identify which backupset
contains the controlfile
(else it would have to probe each backuppeice !).
However a controlfile autobackup in the "correct" location can be immediately
identified.

Try with CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON.   (and not having to create a Standby
controlfile).

Hemant K Chitale