RE: EXT :Re: dbconsole - password change

  • From: "Schauss, Peter (ESS)" <peter.schauss@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:17:19 +0000

How do I encrypt the password?
From: andyklock@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:andyklock@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Klock
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:14 PM
To: Schauss, Peter (ESS)
Subject: Re: EXT :Re: dbconsole - password change

Then it sounds like a configuration issue with the new password.  You listed
that you set ENCRYPTED="FALSE", is this correct? I just gave How to Change
DBSNMP Password in Database 10g and 11g Monitored by DB Control [ID 259387.1] a
quick read and it seems (at least for 11.2 anyway) that this should be set to
TRUE (with the encrypted password) Though, it is unclear what to do for 11.1.

Sorry I'm not more of a help, but if the config is wrong than what you are
experiencing makes sense.

Andy

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Schauss, Peter (ESS)
I have unlocked the account several times and it keeps getting locked again.