RE: EM 10g events

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <peterdixon001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:27:56 +0200

Peter

>Did somebody say there was a bug with EM 10g event - surrounding tablespace
>freespace. Any details because we are about to start testing that event.

I don't know if it's what you are looking for (it's not a bug...), anyway here
an excerpt from the 10gR2 documentation:

"Size-Based Tablespace Space Usage Alerts - This feature provides the ability
to specify space pressure alerts based on the number of free bytes in the
tablespace. Oracle Database 10g Release 1 provided alerts based on the
percentage of the tablespace that was full; with the default being 85% for
warning and 97% for critical alerts. For large tablespaces, you may want to
specify thresholds in absolute values since a tablespace that is 97% full may
still have substantial free space available which does not warrant an alert."

HTH
Chris

New Features Oracle Database 10g Release 2 seminars @ www.trivadis.com
Italiano: Lugano (24-Nov)
Français: Genève (17-Nov)
Deutsch: Zürich (11-Oct), Hamburg (13-Oct), München (20-Oct), Basel (25-Oct),
         Frankfurt (27-Oct), Bern (8-Nov), Düsseldorf (23-Nov), Stuttgart
(13-Dec)