RE: Does the Rman Catalog hold tape volume names?

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:33:06 -0700

When I worked at an organization that backed up directly to tape, we ran
into issues where a backup piece would span more than one tape (maybe it
started towards the end of one).  In that case, the catalog was only
aware of the first tape ID.  Our SA had to run some NetBackup script to
get the whole tape list and ensure it was available.