Does NLS_LANG matter when using expdp/impdp

  • From: "qihua wu" <staywithpin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:11:35 +0800

Hi, all,

When using the old import/export tools imp/exp, the NLS_LANG at the client
must be set and should be set correctly to make them work. But after I
search the doc about expdp/impdp, nowhere mentioned that NLS_LANG must be
set and how to set. And the log created when I run impdp/expdp also didn't
tell any information about charset and possible charset convertion. So I am
wondering whether NLS_LANG is nothing when using impdp/expdp

Thanks,
Qihua