Re: Did you ever have one of those days?

  • From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:37:53 -0700 (PDT)

Be happy it's only a Beer Day.  There are some dinosaurs still out there in
damagement who would have turned this into a "polish up your resume" day.

(If I may, I'd like to insert a quote from my college jazz instructor, circa 25
years ago.  Had this quote been uttered today, he, too, would probably have had
a "polish up your resume" day.  But, the late '70's were a different time.
Anyway, this wise old bird used to tell us, "Now remember, if you must drink
and drive, make sure you have your car with you!!")

Hang tough, my man, you'll see it through.

-- Joe

BTW -- Let us know how you work through this one.  Paul Drake sounded like he
might be on to something!!
"Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Like when you're moving a table that contains a list of all valid OS =
user accounts in order to maintain (disable) Oracle accounts, only you =
fat fingered the SQLLoader module causing all employees to have their =
respective DB accounts locked and expired? Not only that, but that the =
program you've written to do this from the OS explicitly sets the SID to =
production because otherwise it won't know what SID to connect to when =
this job is normally run via cron? And I've suddenly remembered that =
while there's an "UNLOCK" clause for ALTER USER, there's no UNEXPIRE.

The Response Center's gonna love me... At least I had =
enough sense to use groups to segregate user's read-only Oracle accounts =
from the management and app accounts.

Yes, it is Beer Day.

Rich

Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA