RE: Did column-level grants go away?

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bbellows@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 21:20:03 +0200

Hi Bambi,

granting the select privilege at the column level was never implemented by
Oracle, although I believe the data dictionary "kind of" always suggested the
possibility. I quickly checked my old SQL reference manuals, but even in version
5 only the UPDATE privilege is documented as allowing you to specify it at the
column level.

kind regards,

Lex.

Steve Adams Seminar http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html