Re: Development question - Trigger to disallow UPDATE without WHERE clause?

  • From: Phil Jones <phil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 20:28:32 +0000

If v$sql gets populated before any records are actually processed (I imagine it
is, but a quick test will verify) & the sql_id in v$session also gets populated
after the query has been parsed but before any rows are processed you might be
able to do it in a before update trigger that throws an exception. You'll need
sys_context('USERENV','SID') to join with the v$ tables.

To be honest, you'd be better off using a cluebat on the devs :)

Phil