Re: Development guidelines between DBA & developer

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: AmihayG@xxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:45:04 +0000

this varies from shop to shop and depends whether its an oracle developer or a
software engineer(java, .net, etc...)
i am typically on the development time. I have been on projects where I have
had OSDBA access in production where I did all the DBA work accept installs, DB
copies, and backups. I could handle recoveries if there was an emergency.

been on other shops where i was the production DBA and the development team
didn't have any access to production.

on my current one I am a development DBA, I have limited production access.
Varies from shop to shop. Depends on the people on your team and what they
know. Depends on security rules if you are doing say financial data or
government stuff.

i dont think you should have an across the board rule. Depends on the shop and
the people on it.