RE: Determine dump file size

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:05:30 -0800

Greetings,

There are a couple of bugs with the datapump incorrectly estimating
space for tables with LOBS.Look at bug 5599947. It is still being worked
and deals with slow datapump export using lobs. There is no patch
available as work is still in progress. Look also at bug 6491831
10.2.0.3 RDBMS, DATA PUMP ESTIMATE NOT ACCURATE. I don't know if this is
relevant to your case but I just encountered the problem.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center