RE: Delete obsolete in RMAN on 8.1.7.4

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:06:56 -0400

If there is a way to set your recovery window in O817 you should be able to
do it.  We went from 8.0.4.6 to 9i and I only used 8.1.7. briefly and only
for my catalog database and repository and didn't do rman backups of these.

You can tell if you to a 'show all;' in rman.  It will show the defaults and
allow you to change them.  If the recovery window it shown, change it to 180
days and then crosscheck backup; and delete obsolete;

HTH,
Ruth