RE: Defunct processes in 10g(mmon and qmnc)

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:44:03 -0500

Yup.  10.1.0.4 on Solaris 9.  The defuncts death spiraled until we ran
out of OS process slots and I had to bounce the instance.  All 10000+
processes that I saw were from MMON.  And this was on a production box.
From the SR: "Development indicates that the MMON messages occur when
manageability features like automatic snapshots stop if one executes
'alter system enable restricted session' and then 'alter system disable
restricted session'."

I had not touched any of the ADDM stuff in this database, so I'm not
exactly buying the answer, but YMMV.

GL!

Rich