Re: Default user permissions

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leo.Drobnis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:03:55 -0600

Are you sure that PUBLIC doesn't have the necessary privileges granted
indirectly through a role (or series of same)?  I typically use the
following query to ensure that I check all of the relevant roles,
regardless of how many levels deep the system privilege grant resides.
with
   user_role_hierarchy as (
      select t2.name username, t1.granted_role
         from (select distinct sa.userid, u.name granted_role
                  from (select t.*, connect_by_root grantee# userid
                           from sys.sysauth$ t
                           connect by prior privilege# = grantee#
                       ) sa,
                       sys.user$ u
                  where u.user# = sa.privilege#
                    and sa.userid in (select user# from sys.user$
                                         where type# = 1  -- normal users
                                            or user# = 1  -- PUBLIC
                                     )
              ) t1,
              sys.user$ t2
         where t1.userid = t2.user#
   )
select * from user_role_hierarchy order by 1, 2;

This is effectively a hierarchical query against dba_role_privs, but runs *
much* faster... the original source was Tom Kyte.