Re: Default PCTFREE

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 18:46:28 -0500

The only thing that occurs off the top of my head is a database trigger. I don’t normally let developers create their own objects in production so i haven’t run into this issue before.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2023, at 6:38 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking for a way of changing default PCTFREE for a tablespace or, if that is not possible, for the entire DB. My employer is a bank, very heavy on the OLTP side, and developers are creating objects without specifying PCTFREE. Normally, that can be cured by a baseball bat, but I am looking for more elegant and less violent solutions. I am unable to find anything to change the default PCTFREE for a tablespace or for a database. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant