RE: Date bind variable being peeked, but not used for cardinality esti

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

> I was under the impression that the Forms server process
> (frmweb) running on the app server connected to the database
> through a regular OCI/Oracle Net connection

Most JDBC thin client connections show 'JDBC Thin Client' under
v$session.program. (But see Metalink notes 147413.1 and 371818.1.) Since the
Forms server connections show 'frmweb@[server name] (TNS V1-V3)', they're
likely using JDBC OCI driver. I think they do use Java because its listener URL
is /forms/lservlet and servlet is a Java concept, the frmweb process has
defined CLASSPATH environment variable, its parent is a java process, and its
open files include some under $OH/jdk/jre/lib/...

If anybody has Forms server connections to an 11g database,
v$session_connect_info can tell us.

Yong Huang