Re: Dataguard & ALTER TABLE MOVE tablespace

  • From: "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:46:57 -0700

The table won't move while the database is open read-only.  But it will move
when you put the standby back in recovery mode, and the appropriate archivelogs
are applied.

--Terry
  Physical standby open in read only
  9.2.0.5
  AIX

  When trying to move a table to a new tablespace in the source db, the standby
appears to not move the table to the new tablespace. Is this expected behavior?

  Since the db is in read-only mode, I obviously cannot move the table there.

  I need to get objects to a new tablespace (long story, but old mount points
need to go away and this looks like the way to do this with least downtime for
most objects)

  Any ideas?

  --
  Stephen Andert