Datafiles accross multiple disk

  • From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:19:10 -0700

All,

Newbie here again.

We are running a DW on 9.2.0.5 on w2k Advanced Server.  im trying to
manage disk space on our currrent server.  We were down to 5GB of disk
available on the e:\ drive as of last weekend when i moved index
datafiles/tablespaces to the external f:\ array.  would this cause a
perfomance hit?  is there a better best practice to have datafiles
accross disk?  Im sure there is since im continually learning.  Also,
im still trying to find the disk speed between the array and the
server.

Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx