DataGuard with LGWR ASYNC or even ARCH

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:07:24 +0800

I believe that there are valid reasons for the need to use LGWR ASYNC ,
Maximum Performance mode, instead of Maximum Availability mode even in
11g.

When there are wide fluctuations in redo volume and the bandwidth is
grossly inadequate for the peak volumes, I would even consider ARCH.

What criteria would you use to qualify a DataGuard environment to run
ASYNC, Maximum Performance ?

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the
sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of
Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at
https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.