RE: Data extraction over dblink

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>, "Fenstermacher, Robert" <Robert_Fenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:05:11 -0400

If you must go over the net, I've had better throughput with sqlplus copy,
probably because it automatically uses array fetches and array writes and
has a facility for an interim commit frequency. If the column types you need
to move are supported (and make sure you set long long enough if you have
longs in the mix), AND if you must use the network instead of some variety
of sneakernet or trucknet, sqlplus copy could do the trick. As for scaling,
if you toss on a where clause AND you have multiple network pathways (or the
one path is big enough not to be the limiting factor) you can attach the
source data in multiple segments in parallel.