Re: DWH varchar2(4000)

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx" <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:18:33 -0600

The only advantage of this design appears to be infinite flexibility.  I can't
help but wonder if the table and column names are some sort of sequential
numbering scheme.  The disadvantage of course is it is not really suited for
any specific use.  It's really just a generic database.  I expect there is also
some sort of key table that explains the row and column layout for each
customer.

Sent from my iPhone