Re: DBV slow W2K server

  • From: "Christo Kutrovsky" <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sean.oneill@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:08:17 -0400

So how do you backup your files ? Windows copy ?

If you are doing that, you are totally trashing your windows cache. I
am not sure how big your system is (db size/RAM size) but I would
guess that during the backup it's not performing that good ?

On 6/1/06, O'Neill, S. (Seán) <Sean.oneill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Sriram,

The particular DB has an offline backup taken each night Mon - Fri.  This is
done on a disk-to-disk basis.  I was simply running the DBV on the backed up
files as an extra check to verify if any corruption was present in files.
We've not moved to RMAN (yet!).  The AV settings are as they always were on
the drive in question, i.e. excluded.

- Seán