DBMS_SCHEDULER 11g chain affinity

  • From: "Christopher Boyle" <cboyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Christopher Boyle'" <cboyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:57:20 -0400

Good Morning

Oracle 11g 1.0.7.0  RAC on 2 Windows boxes.

I have managed thru the use of PSexec to be able to call external procedures
using dbms_scheduler.  I have set up  a chain with a list of programs but
the ones executed on instance 1 fail while the ones executed on instance 2
succeed.  I have looked at the documentation and not found a way to restrict
the actual programs to a particular node, only job that calls the chain has
an affinity attribute.   Can anyone suggest a method to accomplish this
while I determine why instance 1 hates me?

Thanks,

Chris