RE: DBA not bottleneck

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:17:56 -0500

Paula
   Welcome to the wonderful world of the split-personality DBA. On one hand
you were hired primarily because of your technical skills. Then you are put
in charge of a project that primarily uses your people skills. Ron has
provided some excellent tips. You might check on Google for terms like "data
cleansing" and "data warehouse". The DW people must deal with this all the
time, so they have some pretty good tips for running a project like this.
The magazines that deal with DW often have articles also.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx