Re: DBA_OBJECTS using Distinct Vs Group By

  • From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

That doesn't seem to be it.  I tried disabling "HASH
GROUP BY" and the plan now shows "SORT GROUP BY", but
still the "GROUP BY" timing is same with or w/o this
setting.

--> "_gby_hash_aggregation_enabled"=false

The one difference I see in the plan for "DISTINCT" is
it does a Hash Join between and "I_OBJAUTH1" and
"X$KZSRO", whereas the "GROUP BY" plan shows a Nested
Loop between the same two.  In fact the GROUP BY
query's cost is higher (but of course that doesn't
govern the timing necessarily).

Thanks,
Deepak Sharma

http://mail.yahoo.com