DB2 Partitioned Tables

  • From: Kenny Payton <k3nnyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 10:39:55 -0400

Any db2 experts out there that want to have a side conversation regarding
partitioning options. I’ve been pulled into an issue and although I have
dabbled in the past it’s been a long time and I’m no expert.

I’m essentially trying to create the equivalent of an Oracle hash based
partitioned table but it doesn’t seem to exist. I see range based and also see
hash distributed for DPF.

Getting to the root of the problem there is some serious concurrency issues on
LOB access that is alleviated by distributing the same workload from 1 table to
16 tables. I’d like to create 16 partitions on the same instance and don’t
have a good range key to use.

Thanks,
Kenny--