Create schema & load data via XML files

  • From: "sol beach" <sol.beach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:13:13 -0800

I've been given 2 XML files, abc.xsd & abc.xml, which supposedly
contain the table
definitions  (xsd) and the actual table data (xml).

My challenge to figure how to create the tables & actually load the
data into the tables.

I am ready, willing & able to RTFM, if somebody would be so kind as to
point me at 1 or
more of the FM where such a process is described or where coding
examples can be found.

Needless to say, I've never dealt with XML files before.

In case it matters, I hope to load this data into a new 11g DB.

Any free clues would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!