Create controlfile syntax

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 10:16:57 -0500

I have seen documentation saying different things so I was wondering if someone could just verify this for me. When trying to restore a copy of a database and give it a new name, in the create controlfile statement there shouldn't be any reference to "RESTORE DATABASE"? Is that correct?

My understanding is that the last line in the file should be "ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS". The first line should be CREATE CONTROLFILE SET DATABASE "new_SID" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG

The restore was done from a clean shutdown immediate.

Thanks.