RE: Create Primary Keys in Parallel

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <doodon@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:58:07 +0100

Don, two comments:
once you have created a unique index in Oracle, declaring a primary key
becomes very fast and easy -- because Oracle will find the existing index
and use it to protect the primary key constraint.

you can also create/declare primary key constraints *without* enabling them
immediately, and then enable them in parallel.

So I think the book gives the wrong suggestion, for two reasons...

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html