Re: Connection to database and cluster database RACDB as user sys failed.

  • From: Gus Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:14:11 -0500

According to *Oracle® Enterprise Manager Administration 10g Release 5
(10.2.0.5)*,
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B16240_01/doc/em.102/e14586/user_setup.htm#BABCFBCA,
there is a Super Administrator account, SYSMAN.  Quoting the documentation,
The super administrator account can manage all other administrator accounts
and set up all administrator credentials. The super administrator can:

   -

   Create Enterprise Manager privileges and roles
   -

   Perform the initial setup of Enterprise Manager, for example, defining
   e-mail configurations and defining global notifications rules
   -

   Add targets to Enterprise Manager
   -

   Perform any action on any target in the system

Oracle recommends that you create an administrator account for each
individual user. The super administrator account should not be used to
conduct daily administration tasks.

Perhaps this is the account you must logged in with?

v/r,

Gus