Connection pool issues

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 10:30:14 -0700

Oracle - EE 11.2.0.2

This week users started having issues connecting to a database.  Error
below:

Could not retrieve documents from the docStore: exception was
com.ghx.docstore.DocStoreException: Cannot get Connection to: db_arch

In the log someone also saw

Caused by: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: All connections in
the Universal Connection Pool are in use

Obviously, something isn't releasing the connection back to the pool.  I've
queried longops to no avail.  I've seen sessions using a tremendous amount
of CPU or I/O.  When those sessions were killed, we see an immediate uptick
in processing.  The only change to the database occurred last Friday--we
removed the oldest year of data from partitioned tables and rebuilt
unusable indexes.  No code releases were done.

My question:  Is there anything I can query to see what session(s) are
causing the problem other than what I'm already doing?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
--
Sandy
GHX